HIGH SHEAR HOPPERS
The shear hopper diffuses additives into your materials by means of high velocity, suction, turbulence and recirculation. Additives can be added manually and liquids can be added from a drum or tank. It requires fewer polymer or surfactant and up to 50% less bentonite. The PSI shear mixer is both a radial premixer — eliminating clumping, fisheyes and microgel — and mixing eductor — providing vigorous mixing and robust shearing.
PSI Shear Mixers are designed to move large volumes of materials rapidly while drilling. They pump and introduce liquid and/or other additives into the materials, thereby sustaining high output.
- 6” Mixing Eductor with high density, high abrasion resistant Urethane Nozzle & Diffuser
- Powder Pre-wetter line
- 4” Feed Inlet pressure gauge on feed inlet, liquid filled
- 24” Conical hopper with 6” butterfly valve and 30” x 48” work table constructed in 304 Stainless Steel
- 4” Suction vacuum gauge on suction, liquid filled
- All components are assembled with Groove type connections (quick disconnect)
- Operating Pressure 40-50 psi (92-115 ft/hd)
- Net Weight: 4 in – 300 lbs 6 in – 480 lbs