BRAKE COOLING SYSTEMS
Each Process Solutions International brake cooling unit is engineered to your specific parameters and requirements. Unlike many products that are considered standard, our manufacturing and design team uses their extensive knowledge to tailor every brake cooling unit to exact project criteria. Additionally, with the exponential advances in control components, there is a wide array of options that can be integrated into your unit.
There are several major components which are the backbone to a quality brake cooling unit. A heat exchanger which provides full heat dissipation at 100% brake load and the redundant centrifugal pump which circulates the cooling fluid between the heat exchanger and reserve tanks. The plate and same style heat exchanger and the premium 250 series pumps are mounted and hard piped on a robust I-Beam Framed skid. These skids are covered with diamond plate and are fully seal welded to ensure maximum structural integrity.
PSI Brake cooling unit comes standard with the following features:
- Redundant centrifugal pumps
- Plate type heat exchanger
- Tank with sight glass and 6″ vent
- Analog temperature and pressure gages
- Assembled on a heavy duty skid with a four point lift and diamond floor plating.
- Skid is blasted, primed and painted
- Unit is function tested at PSI’s facility
- All electrical components are suitable for hazardous environments.
- Starters for the pumps with run indicator lights.
- Flow sensor for both the brake water and raw water
- Temperature sensor for the brake water.
- Level switch for the tank
- Green and red indicator lights for each starter and all sensors
- Horn to sound when a sensor is tripped, ie no flow, excessive temperature, or a pump amps out